Emirichu is the online alias of Emily Sim, a YouTube storytime animator, cartoonist, comedian, and voice actor from the United States. Sim was born on August 27. In 1995, she was 26 years old. Her graphics are done in an anime manner, and she also creates animation memes. Her art is unique because of this combination.
Early years of Emirichu’s life:
New York-born Emirichu has South Korean parents. She is a second-generation immigrant; her parents moved to the U.S. in the 1980s from South Korea. She said her parents were “super devout’; her dad is a pastor, and the family went to church. Her older brothers are John (nicknamed “Sim”) and Josh. John went to South Korea and has two kids. Later, her parents relocated back to the country.
At 15, her family moved to California, where she attended high school. She fought for her Korean identity as a child. She was into anime and manga at the time. It inspired her to draw anime-like illustrations.
She attended college to become a teacher and worked as a youth development instructor and camp counselor. Near graduation, she discovered her passion wasn’t teaching.
Emirichu began her channel in 2011, but no videos were posted until 2016. Her first animation was in 2017. Since then, her videos have resembled Japanese anime. Her animated videos are mostly still with little flowing movement, unlike Jaiden Animations’. Her cartoon persona wears a black-and-white striped blouse, a black skirt, black thigh-high socks, and brown hair.
She has cooperated with TimTom, Wolfychu, Tabbes, ChillyPanda, TheAMaazing, TJ Toons, and CDawgVA. COVID-19 cancelled a tour with illymation, GingerPale, and Life Noggin. She also animates and voices for MOONSHINE ANIMATIONS. She replaced Domics on the Scribble Showdown tour in October 2021.
She debuted as a VTuber on February 27, 2022, using a model by sasucchi95 and KiraOmori. Her VTuber avatar works part-time at a strawberry cafe.
Emirichu is not religious, contrary to her parents’ beliefs. She encountered issues between her personal ideas and those of Christianity; for example, she was outraged that a leader at a seminar retreat felt homosexual people could only go to paradise if “they didn’t act on their wicked impulses’.
Emirichu once lived in San Diego, California, but moved to Tokyo, Japan in March 2022. She speaks Korean. She’s 5’6″ (168 centimetres) tall.
- Painting, naps, pink, tea parties, kitties, garlicky food, Christmas music, animated films, and sweet snacks.
- Sushi, udon, and French onion soup are her favourites.
- Creme brulee and macarons are her favourites.
- Vanilla iced coffee.
- Strawberry and mango are her favourites.
- Comedy and Mahou shojo are her favourites.
- Chocolate, spicy meals, horror, technology, bugs, imitation crab, and solitude.
- She is a supporter of Holly Indonesia’s Kureiji Ollie as a singer.
- She has made it clear on numerous occasions that she is not interested in blondes.
- Another animated YouTuber by the name of Daidus is her boyfriend.
- The virtual version of her wears blue contact lenses.